Flood Warning Issued for the Choctawhatchee River Near NewtonMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Feb 11 2018 6:52 PM
Forecast Flooding Changed from Minor to Moderate Severity for the
following rivers in Alabama...
Choctawhatchee River near Newton (SR 134) affecting Dale County
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Choctawhatchee River near Newton (SR 134).
* From this evening, or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 12:30 PM Sunday the stage was 14.1 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 19.0 feet.
* Forecast: Rise above flood stage by this evening and continue to
rise to near 24.8 feet by tomorrow morning. The river will fall
below flood stage by late Tuesday morning.
* Impact: At 24.0 feet: Moderate flooding on the Choctawhatchee River
will affect stores and apartments around highway 92 near
Clayhatchee, eight miles downstream of Newton.