Latest Update on the Next Potential StormMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Oct 04 2017 8:14 AM
Showers and storms near the western Bahamas are expected to move west across Florida and the Gulf through the week. Due to an unfavorable environment, this system is not expected to become a tropical cyclone.
• An area of low pressure is expected to develop in the western Caribbean and move into the Gulf of Mexico this weekend. There is a much greater potential that this system will become a tropical cyclone and is expected to impact the Gulf coast late in the weekend.
• Exactly where the center of the possible tropical cyclone may track remains uncertain past the central Gulf of Mexico.
• The tropical low pressure expected to develop in the Caribbean could emerge from the Yucatan by Saturday morning, and reach the Gulf coast by Sunday morning.
• An increase in winds, and especially rain, could precede the tropical low’s arrival by up to 12 hours.
• The tropical low will likely move quickly across the Gulf coast, moving through the Southeast by late Monday.