One Deputy Dead One Deputy Wounded In Pierce Township OhioRickey Stokes
Posted by: RStokes
Date: Feb 03 2019 11:40 AM
PIERCE TOWNSHIP, Ohio — Now that the Pierce Township standoff is over after about 12 hours, here's what we know and what we don't yet know.
What we know:
- At 6:56 p.m. Saturday night, deputies were sent to a welfare check at an apartment on St. Andrews Drive. This is near Stillmeadow Country Club Golf Course, generally south of Ohio SR 125 and west of Merwin 10 Mile Rd.
- At 8:15 p.m, first gunshots were reported coming from inside the apartment.
- At 10:37 p.m., two Clermont County deputies shot. Overnight we learned that one deputy died and another was injured.
- Gunshots have continued through the night.
- Neighbors at the apartment complex have either left or have been told to stay inside.
- Around 6:30 am Sunday morning, fire was spotted by WCPO cameras at the complex, and firefighters on the scene were involved. There had been a call for another fire at a similar location around 2:00 am.
- Around 6:36am, authorities brought the suspect into custody. Later in the morning, authorities reported the suspect is named Wade Edward Winn, 23 years old.
- At 9:20am, we learned the identifies of the officer who died and the officer who was wounded. Detective Bill Brewer was transported to Anderson Mercy where he later died as a result of his injuries. Detective Brewer, a 20-year veteran, is survived by his wife and a 5-year-old son. Lt. Nick DeRose, a 22-year veteran, was transported to University of Cincinnati Medical Center where he was treated and later released.