Today's Houston County Commission MeetingMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Dec 10 2018 1:29 PM
Call to order, Declare a Quorum Present, and Welcome – Chairman Mark S. Culver
Invocation – Lt. Austin Sturdivant, Salvation Army
Pledge of Allegiance – Commissioner Doug Sinquefield
Approval of the Minutes of the last meeting
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COMMENTS FROM THE CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSIONERS
1. Request to re-appoint the following to the Houston County Industrial Development Authority Board: James Pouncy, Lori Wilcoxon, Robert Hewes, Hugh Wheelless, David Parsons, Velma Tribue, Harrison Morris
2. Request to re-appoint the following to the Houston County Department of Human Resources Board: Leo Breckenridge, Frances Cook, and Sam Crawford
3. Request for 050 Retail Beer License (Off Premises Only) and 070 Retail Table Wine License (Off Premises Only) – Dolgencorp, LLC, d/b/a Dollar General Store 19936 located at 88
Curtis Mixon Rd., Gordon, AL – Sheriff’s Dept.
4. Request to install ventilation system and water hook-up for washer/dryer at Department of Human Resources building – Leslie Kelly, Director Houston County DHR
5. Request to approve bid for purchase of vehicle for Reappraisal Dept. – Starla Moss, Revenue Commissioner
6. Request to approve emergency expenditure for a boiler at the jail from the Capital Replacement Fund – Sean Curtis, Maintenance Mgr.
7. Request to increase price of meals sold outside of jail – William J. Dempsey, CAO
8. Request to fill Director position at Wicksburg Senior Center
9. Request to make appointment to fill Chief Administrative Officer vacancy upon retirement of Bill Dempsey
10. Request to approve (4) Homeland Security Grants: 8ICC, 7ICC, 7FIL, 8FIL – Chris Judah, EMA Director
11. Request to extend existing contract with Wiregrass Electric for sanitation billing services effective 1/1/2019 for a two year period – Elaine Lux, Sanitation Mgr.
12. Request to amend the 2018-2019 Sanitation billing budget from $137,000 to $146,000 – Elaine Lux, Sanitation Mgr.
13. Request to approve $10,600 change notice from Engineering Associates for communications project – Maj. Bill Rafferty, Sheriff’s Dept.
14. Request to approve bid for 2019 Chassis Crew Cab – Road and Bridge
15. Request to approve bid for 2019 4WD Crew Cab – Road & Bridge
16. Request to sell the following item on GovDeals; Stove – Road & Bridge