Wallace Community College Foundation Harris Security First Responders ScholarshipMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Jun 26 2017 11:03 AM
The Harris Security First Responders Scholarship was established in 2017. This $1,752 scholarship will be awarded to an incoming freshmen each Fall semester and is only for the student’s freshman year. The scholarship criteria are as follows:
1. Scholarship will pay $876.00 each Fall and Spring semester for tuition, fees, and/or books.
2. Scholarship will be awarded to a Wallace Community College (WCC) student on the Wallace Campus majoring in an Academic Transfer, Allied Health, or Career Technical program, with a preference given to a child of a full-time first responder. The first responder may be a police officer, emergency medical technician, firefighter or E-911 operator. Parent must be employed in their profession for a minimum of two consecutive years. Volunteer Firefighters or EMT’s also may apply, provided a letter of current active status from the organizational chief is submitted with application.
3. Recipient must have met the requirements for unconditional admission to WCC.
4. Scholarship will be awarded based on unmet financial need, grade point average, and recommendation from the Scholarship Committee.
5. Successful applicant will submit a completed application package to include transcripts, short essay, and letters of recommendation.
6. Recipient must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, enrolled as a full-time student, and a resident of Barbour, Butler, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Houston, Geneva, Coffee, Pike or Henry County.
7. Recipient will be able to maintain the scholarship Spring semester as long as he/she maintains a minimum GPA of 2.5 and is enrolled as a full-time student.
8. In the absence of any qualified applicant, the scholarship will not be awarded.
9. The Foundation will ensure that the donor is duly informed of scholarship recipients.
10. Each recipient must have a photograph taken with the donor.
11. Scholarship will be publicized along with other Foundation scholarships.
Applications will be available in College Financial Aid Offices and on the College Web site www.wallace.edu. Deadline is July 12th. Contact Tracy Brooks at 334-556-2626 or Melisa Mason at 334-556-2426.