Wet Pattern Expected Through the Week - Marginal Risk of Strong Storms TodayMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Jul 31 2018 8:36 AM
The area will remain in a wet pattern with high rain chances through the remainder of the week and this will lead to our main threat this week - the potential for isolated, minor flooding. In addition, there is a marginal risk for a few strong storms across southeast Alabama and portions of southwest Georgia today.
- Amounts: Through Friday, widespread amounts of 2-4 inches with 4-6 inches along the coast from Destin to Panama City to Apalachicola (see attached graphic). Isolated higher amounts are possible.
- Impacts: Localized minor flooding, in particular across more urbanized areas or areas with poor drainage; a few rivers may also reach action stage
Strong Storm Potential
- Marginal Risk
- Main Threat: Gusty winds
- Timing: Best chances during the afternoon and evening
- Location: Southeast Alabama and portions of southwest Georgia (see attached graphic)
- Note, widespread convection and cloud coverage may help to limit strong/severe storm potential today
- Although chances are on the lower side, a few strong storms with gusty winds cannot be ruled out for the remainder of the week