Krispy KremeDustin FowlerHardwick FlooringMedia MechanicChris MaddoxDMGLloyds WreckerMPIHouse of FlowersDothan PCKennedy Land & TimberBig PineFun ZoneDothan LivestockTri-State ParkingJohnny Small EngineThe PlantCherry & Irwin Personal Injury AttorneysSolomonGreg FaulkDothan PeriodonicsBill RobisonFlowers Hospital

Pork for a Purpose Butt and Rib Fundraiser

Matt Boster

Viewed: 2444

Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Jan 02 2019 7:27 AM

In January 2018, Sonya went to a digestive health Dr due to some severe pain she was having. After several colonoscopy type procedures, she was diagnosed with cancer. Several scans were taken, and it was confirmed she only had one spot. She immediately had a power port put in and started extensive chemo and radiation treatments. These treatments lasted through May. Sonya was rescanned, and confirmed the cancer was gone! Yes! She made it! Or so we thought. Almost immediately after she finished treatments her pain returned and this time, more intense than before. She spent most of July, August and September in and out of the emergency room.

Several tests were performed, and the Dr were baffled. Why is she still in pain and why is it worse if the cancer is gone? Finally it was confirmed in October, her cancer was back and bigger than before. She was told there wasn't anything any Dr here could do for her, she would need a team of specialties. We packed her up and took her to Gainesville to see a team of specialist. She spent most of October having dozens of tests run and seeing several Dr so they could get a game plan together on how to save her. On November 14th, she was prepped for an extensive surgery that would change her way of life forever. It was a tough recovery that would force her to stay in Gainesville for the remainder on November. But when she was finally released to come back home, something wasn’t right. She couldn't keep any food or liquids down.

She was exhausted with no nutrients. After two emergency room visits, she was admitted in the hospital here to have tests run. Our worst fear was confirmed, she had a block in her intestine. Not only was there a block, but she had fluid building up in her pelvis. She needed surgery ASAP! After consulting with her Dr in Gainesville, they wanted to transport her back there for surgery but she was getting worse by the minute. The fear was that she just wouldn’t be able to make the trip even if they flew her there. We have to do surgery now he said! Sonya went into emergency surgery on December 19th then was sent to the CCU unit.

She spent about 3 days there until she was stable enough to go to a normal room. Is she finally on the road to recovery we thought? We found out 5 days later she wasn't. She had to go back to emergency surgery on Christmas Eve due to a rupture in her intestine. It has been 9 days since her last surgery and she is still fighting. Jan 1st was the first day she actually was able to sit up in her hospital bed, but only with assistance. We pray for her daily to come back to us. We pray she has the strength to continue the fight.

Pork for a Purpose Butt and Rib Fundraiser

First Funeral

<- back

Morris Cary Andrews
BuddyWiregrass ElectricDothan Pest ControlAuto SmartFun ZoneMazdaCherry & Irwin Personal Injury AttorneysHarley DavidsonBig PineKrispy KremeFun ZoneKnights WreckerBill RobisonChris MaddoxGreg FaulkBuddysFerhguson WreckerNantze SideTeds TempsDMG